Your toilet is something you can’t afford to live without. If yours is giving you trouble, you need fast repair solutions. DYZ Plumbing offers toilet repair and replacement in Maryland from a dedicated team of plumbing pros.
At the first sign of toilet trouble in Mayrland, call 443-929-1020 or contact us online.
Common Toilet Problems and Troubleshooting Tips (Plus When to Call a Pro)
Many toilet problems are quite common and can be fixed by the discerning homeowner. Here are some of the more common issues:
- Water keeps running – If your flapper isn’t closing properly, it will cause the water to run continuously. Fix the flapper to address this problem.
- Dropping water level – This is another problem with the flapper. If the flapper isn’t the issue, you may need a new flush valve.
- Leaks – Toilets rarely leak, and when they do they can damage your floor quickly. The wax seal is often the culprit of a leak.
- Flushing problems – A clogged toilet won’t flush until the clog is removed, and you may need a pro to unclog it. If there isn’t a clog, you may have a problem with the flush handle, lift chain, or lifter arm inside the tank.
If you can’t find the source of the problem, then it’s time to call a pro.
Contact DYZ Plumbing at 443-929-1020 or contact us online to schedule plumbing repair in Odenton and the surrounding Maryland communities.
When to Repair vs. Replace
If your toilet is giving you problems, you must decide if it’s better to repair or replace it. Some signs that indicate you should replace the toilet instead of repair it include:
- Constant need for repairs
- Regular need to unclog a blockage
- Cracks or scratches
Contact DYZ Plumbing for expert toilet installation services.
Do you have a question about your toilet’s function? Check out these common questions:
Why is water leaking from my toilet?
Most of the time, water leaking from around your toilet indicates a problem with the wax seal. It can also indicate a loose supply tube, cracked tank, or faulty shut-off valve. Less serious issues include condensation from a sweaty bowl after a hot shower.
Why won’t my water stop running?
The water to your toilet should run for about 30 seconds after you flush. If it runs without stopping, it may indicate a bad flapper. Sometimes, a flapper chain that’s too high or an improperly set tank water level can also create this problem.
Why won’t my toilet flush?
Two main problems can cause a toilet not to flush. First, problems with the water level in your toilet tank or your flapper can cause this problem. Second, a clog somewhere in the toilet, flange, or drain can prevent proper flushing.
How long will it take to repair my toilet?
Most toilet repairs can be completed the same day your plumber comes to your home. DYZ Plumbing is available 24/7 for toilet emergencies.
Can I install a new toilet myself?
You can install your own toilet, but you’ll definitely want to do some study first. Installing it improperly can cause your bathroom to flood! If you don’t feel confident, it’s always best to trust a pro to do this job.
Why Choose Us?
DYZ Plumbing serves the Greater Severn and Odenton, Maryland areas. We have exceptional plumbing training and a dedication to customer service. We’ve been in the area for over a decade and have nearly two decades of plumbing experience. You can trust us to do the job well.
Call 443-929-1020 or contact us online for Maryland plumbing services.